Electronic Specifier announces onsemi as winner of its prestigious Electronics Excellence Award at electronica 2022.
The awards ceremony took place on day one of electronica at 12:00pm, where the shortlisted companies and industry experts were invited to attend. Mick Elliot announced to the audience that onsemi had won the award.
This is a collaboration between onsemi and Ride Vision, an Israel-based startup. The Ride Vision system uses in its cameras the onsemi Hayabusa (AR0147AT) image sensors, along with an onboard processing unit, where a patented algorithm is used to detect and notify riders of collision threats in real time.
While most modern vehicles have been incorporating safety features and functionality, this is not true of motorcycles – not withstanding that the chances of a fatality in a motorcycle accident are approximately 30 times higher than in a car.
Protective gear such as helmets, jackets, and boots can, at best, only protect riders during the event; they cannot prevent accidents from happening in the first place. It’s time that riders of 2 and 3-wheeled vehicles are afforded the same degree of safety options as motorists are.
Visit onsemi at electronica, C4.101 and chat to the team about the Ride Vision system.
Find more information about the product here.
Electronic Specifier’s Electronics Excellence Award is the most rigorous and transparent award in the industry.
The judging panel, selected by Electronic Specifier editors, featured specially curated industry thought-leaders and electronics specialists.
- Robert Owen, Director: Worldwide University Programme at Imagination Technologies
- Rupert Baines, CMO at Codasip
- Helen Duncan, Content Marketing Specialist at MWE Media
- Emma Botfield, Managing Director UK & Ireland at RS Components
- Mark Patrick, Technical Marketing Manager at Mouser Electronics
- Jamie Davey, Associate Vice President of Arrow Electronics
- Jeremy Whittingham, Consultant for SMEs in Engineering, Science & Technology
- Sam Holland, Editor, IOT Insider
Electronic Specifier would like to congratulate and offer its appreciation to everyone involved.
Be sure to visit its booth (B4-451) to meet with the team.